To start using Charli to process Letters of Engagement, you will need to navigate to the Valuations page on the left-side panel. You will be prompted to connect the necessary integrations to process an Engagement Letter successfully.
How to Connect Integrations:
- Click Valuations on the left side panel
- Click Connect Integration
- Click the blue Authorize button in the Charli Conversation
- Follow the prompts in the pop-ups
- Navigate to the Valuations page
- Drag & drop the engagement letter on the Valuations page in Charli
- Click Process Resource
- Charli will receive the document and automatically begin extracting the content
- You can see Charli processing the document in the progress bar within the Charli Conversation or on the Valuation Project page
- Charli will ask if you would like to pull the title information, click Yes
- While Charli completes the workflow, you can view the data Charli has already gathered for the Project.
- Click the Project with the relevant property address
- Click New Draft Report in the top right corner under Valuation Reports
- Select Canadian Valuation Spreadsheet
- Enter your email and click Create Report
- Find the spreadsheet in a Charli Business folder in your Dropbox account
What do I do when Charli asks for a Zoning Bylaw?
If you can locate the zoning bylaw through a Google search or a city website, provide the url for zoning bylaw PDF to Charli through the conversation window, and press enter.
If you are unable to locate the Zoning Bylaw click No on the clarification
What do I do when Charli asks for a Parcel id (PID)?
Address or Parcel ID: When Charli asks for an address or parcel ID:
- Navigate to BC Assessments
- Type in the address (example: "4010 Regent St. Burnaby, BC V5C 6N2")
- Scroll down to legal description and parcel ID
- Find the PID and copy and paste to the conversation window in Charli
- Press Enter
How can I rerun a step that has a declined clarification?
You can rerun a step on a Project by clicking on the stepper to rerun that task.
Why did I receive an authorization error on my Valuation Project?
If you are receiving an error asking you to reauthorize an integration, this means that a necessary integration for the task your are completing has been disconnected. You will need to reauthorize your integration and then rerun your Project.
What Engagement Letter format does Charli support?
Charli supports .pdf documents. Support for Word documents is not yet available.
What resources are expected to appear in the Valuation Project after an LOE is processed?
- Land Title
- GIS Open Data
- Orthophoto Image
- Topology Map Image
- Net Geo Map Image
- Zoning Bylaw
- Engagement Letter
How do I edit content in Charli?
In Charli, engagement letter fields may need to be updated. Here are the steps to make edits to the engagement letter content:
- Click on the engagement letter tile in the Charli Project.
- Toggle the Edit button next to Resource Name.
- Edit the necessary fields, and toggle back the edit button to save.
Why is it important to edit engagement letter details in Charli?
If information needs to be edited, Charli will learn from your preferences over time. It's important to make the corrections in-app to improve future results with continuous learning.
I’m receiving an error in Charli. What do I do?
- Confirm that all required integrations are connected
- Get Details on Charli’s error message
- Click the arrow to open the details provided by Charli
- Take a screenshot of all information revealed
- Contact support here or via the app:
- Click Help in the bottom left corner.
- Click Have an issue?
- Paste the information in the body of the support ticket and provide some information about the issue you’re experiencing
Submit a support request
Submit a support request via the Help button in the bottom left corner OR via this link.